Chú ý:Đây là bản xem thử online, xin hãy chọn download miễn phí bên dưới để xem bản đẹp dạng .doc
PHRASAL VERBS - UNIT 6
I. Complete these sentences using the six ve s from the list below. Use each ve
eak out in - eak down - go down - pass out - come round/come to - get over
1. Alma took many years to.......the death of her husband.
2. Peter.......when he heard that he had won a million pounds.
3. Joan.......a pink rash all over her body after eating rhuba pie.
4. The unconscious woman.......when we sprinkled some water on her face.
5. My swollen ankle.......after I put some ice on it.
6. Nick.......because he couldn't cope with the pressure of his job.
II. Replace the words in italics in the following passage with suitable ve s from
It is amazing how quickly people can recover from difficult periods in their lives. Last year my friend. Jack, started having problems with his job. Eventually the pressure became too much for him and he became mentally ill and had to go into a psychiatric hospital. When his mother heard what had happened to him she lost control of her emotions and wept. His father was very wo ied and became covered by a nervous rash. Fortunately Jack overcame his illness and was able to leave the hospital after a few weeks and return to his family.
III. Complete the passage using come round or come to/ eak out in/ eak down.
Last week. I was attacked by two men. I.......a cold sweat when one of them threatened me with a knife. When the other one punched me I.......and cried. Finally one of them hit me on the head and knocked me unconscious. I didn't.......for at least five minutes.
IV. Complete the passage using get over/pass out/go down.
The front tyre of my bicycle kept.......so I decided to.......the problem by buying a new one. When I went to the shop to buy one I nearly.......when I discovered how expensive they were.
V. Use the ve s in ackets to reply to the following.
e.g. What happens when you get measles? ( eak out in)
=> You eak out in spots.
1. What happened when you hit your head on the wall? (pass out)
2. How long were you away from work after your heart attack? (get over)
3. How long were you unconscious? (come round/come to)
4. What did she do when she heard the te ible news? ( eak down)
5. How did you know he was frightened? ( eak out in)
6. The uise on your head looks painful. (go down)
1. get over 2. passed out
3. oke out in 4. came round/to
5 .went down 6. oke down
II. get over, oke down, oke down, oke out in, got over
III. oke out in, oke down, come round/to
IV. going down; get over, passed out
1. I passed out .
2. I got over it in 6 weeks cried (etc.).
3. I came round/to after 2 hours (etc.).
4. She oke down and cried (etc.)
5. He oke out in a cold sweat (etc.).
6. I hope it’ll go down soon (etc.).
- eak out in: nổi lên; lộ rõ [ban đỏ, sởi…]
- eak down: đuối sức
- go down: giảm bớt
- pass out: bất tỉnh
- come round/come to: tỉnh lại
- get over: hồi phục, nguôi ngoai
CẤN CHÍNH TRƯỜNG EXTRA COURSE 11 UNIT 6 ~ PHRASAL VERBS
Có thể download miễn phí file .doc bên dưới
Đăng ngày 2017-12-16 17:56:23
| Thể loại: Tiếng Anh 11
| Lần tải: 5
| Lần xem:
| Page: 1
| FileSize: 0.50 M
| File type: doc
đề thi PHRASAL VERBS ~ UNIT 6 (Exercises & Keys), Tiếng Anh 11. PHRASAL VERBS - UNIT 6 I. Complete these sentences using the six ves from the list below. Use each ve only once. eak out in - eak down - go down - pass out - come round/come to - get over 1. Alma took