Chú ý:Đây là bản xem thử online, xin hãy chọn download miễn phí bên dưới để xem bản đẹp dạng .doc
PHRASAL VERBS – GO 
I. Complete the text below using particles from the list below.
after - ahead - down - for - into - over
It’s been a te ible week. As you know, I’m planning to go......(1) teaching. On Monday I went......(2} a trainee teacher position that was advertised at a school in town but I didn't get it. I’m not sure why. I’ve been going......(3) the interview in my mind but I don’t think I said anything too stupid. Then, on Tuesday I fell off my bike and managed to twist my ankle. It was te ibly swollen for a day or two but it’s beginning to go......(4) now. It’s my birthday party tomo ow. I hope you can come. Plans are still going.....(5) for that, of course, although I don’t suppose I’ll be able to dance very much. I’m probably going to sell my bike, though. I hope it’ll go.....(6) at least £100, which will help me out till I manage to find a job.
II. Match the beginning of each question in A with its ending in B.
1. Are you planning to go after…
2. Is the end-of-term concert going ahead…
3. Why did you decide to go over…
4. How much did their house go for…
5. Did your engagement party go off…
6. Could you help me go back…
7. Has the swelling on your knee gone down…
8. Which teams are going forward…
a) when they finally managed to sell it?
b) over our business accounts?
d) in the school hall as usual this year?
e) to the semi-final?
f) to a different political party?
g) the boss’s job when he leax'es?
h) as well as you’d hoped?
III. Co ect the mistakes with particles in these sentences.
1. Tony has been promised that hi$ name will go over for a place on the board of directors next year.
2. Going for the weather forecast, there’ll be snow tomo ow.
3. Ha iet went on a te ible time during her husband’s illness.
4. You really mustn’t go across telling such te ible lies.
5. Horace has always wanted to go on law.
IV. Which particle fits in each of these sets of sentences? Use a dictionary if necessary.
1. Pam really went......me in the office today.
They are selling their old computer but they don’t expect it to go......much.
Please be quiet, children - and that goes......you too, Mick.
2. The standard of school leavers’ English is going.....
The office computers have gone......again.
The bump on the boy’s head looked alarming bur it quickly went......
3. Let’s go.....our plan of action for tomo ow again.
I keep going.....what I said to him, wishing I could take my words back.
He started his political life as a Republican but later on went......to the Democrats.
4. I was nervous about playing in the concert but everything went......very well.
I didn’t wake up when my alarm clock went......this morning.
Don’t drink this milk - I think it’s gone......
1. into 2. after 3. over 4. down 5. ahead 6. for
1. g 2. d 3. f 4. a 5. h 6. b 7. c 8. e
1. Tony has been promised that his name will go forward for a place on the hoard of directors next year.
2. Going by the weather forecast, there’ll be snow tomo ow.
3. Ha iet went through a te ible time during her husband’s illness.
4. You really mustn’t go around telling such te ible lies.
5. Horace has always wanted to go into law.
IV. 1. for 2. down 3. over 4. off
PHRASAL VERBS - GO 
I. Supply the meanings of the phrasal ve s with GO.
Amelia has been going through (1) a difficult time at work, so she decided to cheer herself up by 'going in for' (2) a competition. The prize was a luxury holiday in the Cari ean. Amelia has had to go without (3) a holiday for several years now, so she really wanted to win. The competition was to write a story beginning. Suddenly the lights went out (4). The problem was that Amelia, could not think of an idea for her story. 'How can I go about (5) getting a good idea?' she asked me. 'It must be something special so that the judges 'go for' (6) my story over all the others.' I suggested she went to the li ary to go through (7) some books of short stories - she might get some ideas there. So she went off (8) to see what she could find. She soon found some great stories. She read one and then another and she went on (9) reading all afternoon. Then, she noticed a strange smell and suddenly the lights went out. She looked up and saw that the li ary was on fire. Of course, that gave her the idea for her story. I hope she wins.
CẤN CHÍNH TRƯỜNG EXTRA COURSE 11 & 12 PHRASAL VERBS - GO
II. Complete the text below using the co ect particles from the phrasal ve s in A opposite.
I was going.......(1) some old letters the other day when I found one from my friend Nancy. After high school she had gone.......(2) to train as a. doctor and ended up in Africa.. She had to go.......(5) years of very hard study before she qualified. Life in Africa, was not as comfortable as It was in our hometown, and there were many things she had to go.......(4) which the rest of us think of as necessities in our daily lives.
But despite all the hardships, she went.......(5) working and helping people less fortunate than herself. I admire her so much. I wondered how I might go.......(6) making contact with her again, as I have no idea where she is living now.
III. Rewrite these sentences using phrasal ve s with go so that they keep the same meaning.
1. I’m thinking of competing in the New York Marathon next year.
2. There were some difficult times in my father’s life.
3. Unemployment and high crime levels often exist side by side.
4. He decided to undergo the operation even though there were risks.
5. I refused to support their decision to close the youth club.
6. I didn’t realise how late it was and I didn’t stop studying till after midnight.
7. We had to survive with no hot water for 24 hours while they were repairing the pipes.
8. Do you think I should try the advanced level exam? It might be too difficult.
9. She just left without saying goodbye. I wonder if I offended her?
10. What was happening in the staffroom at lunchtime? I heard someone shouting.
IV. In these sentences, some of the phrasal ve s from the opposite page are used with new meanings. Choose the co ect paraphrase. Use a dictionary if necessary.
1. We had to throw the fish away as it had gone off.
a) Someone had switched off the oven.
b) The fish had become bad because we kept it too long.
c) The fish had fallen off the table on to the floor.
2. I wish you wouldn’t go on about your problems all the time! I have problems too, you know!
a) I wish you wouldn’t think obsessively.
b) I wish you wouldn’t be very secretive.
c) I wish you wouldn’t talk constantly.
3. She’s been going about telling everyone I want to ma y her.
a) She’s been thinking of telling everyone.
b) She’s on the point of telling everyone.
c) She has told everyone.
4. Ask her to dance with you. Go on!
a) Continue doing what you’re doing.
b) Step on to the dance floor.
c) Do it now, don’t hesitate.
1. experiencing an unpleasant or difficult situation
2. doing or competing in
3. not have something which you usually have
4. stopped giving light
5. start to do or deal with something
7. examine the contents of something carefully
8. left a place to go to somewhere else
II. 1. through 2. off 3. through 4. without 5. on 6. about
III. Suggested answers:
1. I’m thinking of going in for the New York Marathon next year.
2. My father went through some difficult times in his life.
3. Unemployment and high crime levels often go together.
4. He decided to go through with the operation even though there were risks.
5. I refused to go along with their decision to close the youth club.
6. I didn’t realise how late it was and I went on studying till after midnight.
7. We had to go without hot water for 24 hours while they were repairing the pipes.
8. Do you think I should go in for the advanced level exam? It might be too difficult.
9. She just went off without saying goodbye. I wonder if I offended her?
10. What was going on in the staffroom at lunchtime? I heard someone shouting.
IV. 1. b 2. c 3. c 4. c
CẤN CHÍNH TRƯỜNG EXTRA COURSE 11 & 12 PHRASAL VERBS - GO
Có thể download miễn phí file .doc bên dưới
Đăng ngày 2017-12-14 23:15:42
| Thể loại: Tiếng Anh 11
| Lần tải: 18
| Lần xem:
| Page: 1
| FileSize: 0.08 M
| File type: doc
đề thi PHRASAL VERBS ~ GO [Part 1 & 2] (Exercises & Keys), Tiếng Anh 11. PHRASAL VERBS – GO  I. Complete the text below using particles from the list below. after - ahead - down - for - into - over It’s been a teible week. As you know, I’m planning to go......(1) teachi