Chú ý:Đây là bản xem thử online, xin hãy chọn download miễn phí bên dưới để xem bản đẹp dạng .doc
Unit 2. YOUR BODY AND YOU
Part I. PHONETICS
Exercise 1. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
1. A. allergy B. digest C. oxygen D. sugar
2. A. eath B. head C. health D. heart
3. A. among B. belong C. body D. strong
4. A. approach B. children C. chocolate D. stomach
5. A. intestine B. mind C. spine D. reliable
Exercise 2. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of the primary stress in each of the following questions.
6. A. ailment B. disease C. pultry D. nervous
7. A. digestive B. intestine C. condition D. evidence
8. A. internal B. skeletal C. therapy D. willpower
9. A. alternative B. bacteria C. respiratory D. scientific
10. A. acupuncturist B. circulatory C. ineffectively D. vegetarian
Part II. VOCABULARY
Exercise 3. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the co ect answer to each of the following questions.
11. The controller of the body is the ____ system. Led by the ain and nerves, it allows us to move, talk and feel emotions.
A. circulatory B. digestive C. nervous D. respiratory
12. ____ system of the body lets us eak down the food we eat and turn it into energy.
A. Circulatory B. Digestive C. Nervous D. Respiratory
13. Skeletal system of the body is made up of our ____. It supports our body and protects our organs.
A. bones B. museles C. nerves D. vessels
14. In under a minute, your ____ can pump blood to ing oxygen and nutrients to every cell in your body.
A. ain B. heart C. lungs D. vessels
15. The human ____ system is a series of organs responsible for taking in oxygen and expelling ca on dioxide.
A. circulatory B. digestive C. nervous D. respiratory
16. A healthy ____ between work and play ensures that everyone has a chance to enjoy their lives.
A. balance B. control C. equality D. share
17. He likes to ____ a nap for an hour when he a ives home from work.
A. do B. get C. make D. take
18. I’ve been a night owl ____ up late for years, hitting the sheets anytime between 12 and 3 a.m.
A. finishing B. getting C. staying D. waking
19. It’s not too late to ____ your bad habits (smoking, drinking, overeating, etc.) and immediately start living a happier, healthier life.
A. get rid B. give on C. kick D. remember
20. If people eathe in deeply, their ____ can expand to twice their normal size.
A. hearts B. kidneys C. lungs D. stomachs
21. Some foods and spices may ____ your eath for days after a meal.
A. damage B. harm C. reduce D. spoil
22. Fish, poultry, beans or nuts ____ half of their dinner plate.
A. make of B. make out C. make up D. make up of
23. It’s another name for the backbone. It is ____.
A. ain B. leg C. pump D. spine
24. Ailments are caused by a/an ____ of yin and yang.
A. abnormal B. imbalance C. unequal D. unfairness
25. Yoga increases endurance, ____ and flexibility.
A. blood B. powerful C. strength D. strong
26. Food and drinks which strongly ____ the body can cause stress.
A. boost B. develop C. encourage D. stimulate
27. As per the study, handful of nuts daily can cut people’s ____ of coronary heart disease and cancer by nearly 22 per cent.
A. chance B. luck C. opportunity D. risk
28. Acupuncture modality relies on sophisticated skills to select appropriate acupoints to ____ needles accurately.
A. infuse B. inject C. insert D. install
Exercise 4. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
29. Acupuncture originated in China and has been used as a traditional medicine for thousands of years.
A. began B. created C. developed D. introduced
30. There is no evidence at this time that acupuncture can treat cancer itself.
A. clue B. data C. proof D. sign
31. Acupuncture can treat from simple to complicated ailments.
A. acupoints B. diseases C. points D. treatments
32. Some people believe that acupuncture can be a cure of cancer.
A. allergy B. practice C. therapy D. treatment
33. Acupuncture can ease nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy.
A. increase B. prevent C. reduce D. spoil
34. Are there any alternatives that might provide better options for gay people?
A. choices B. decisions C. judgements D. votes
35. The old blood cells are oken down by the spleen and eliminated from the body.
A. cut out B. exhaled C. removed D. held
36. Humans will enjoy longer life expectancy when they are more conscious of what they eat and do.
A. aware of B. capable of C. responsible for D. suitable for
37. Together, all of these treatments are supposed to cleanse your body and stimulate your immune system.
A. encourage B. generate C. increase D. expand
38. The most common side effects with acupuncture are soreness, slight bleeding and discomfort.
A. direct B. indirect C. original D. unwanted
39. Consuming nuts can boost your heart health and lifespan.
A. Eating B. Ingesting C. Inhaling D. Swallowing
40. Doing exercise regularly helps prevent diseases like heart disease, stroke and type 2 diabetes.
A. avoid B. cure C. fo id D. reduce
41. Tomato juice contains a rich amount of fiber which helps in eaking down LDL or bad cholesterol in the body.
A. compounds B. comprises C. produces D. Provides
42. The human body possesses an enormous, astonishing, and persistent capacity to heal itself.
A. cure B. generate C. Protect D. remove
Exercise 5. Mark the letter A. B, C, or D to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
43. The human respiratory system is a series of organs responsible for taking in oxygen and expelling ca on dioxide.
A. eathing out B. dismissing C. exhaling D. inhaling
44. Turmeric can help in boosting immune system and fight off free radical attacks in the system.
A. destroying B. enhancing C. weakening D. stopping
45. Although there are unanswered questions, acupuncture appears to work.
A. be inco ect B. be ineffective C. be uncertain D. be unhelpful
46. Apart from being used as an ingredient in cooking, turmeric also promotes many health benefits.
A. contributes to B. discourages C. stimulates D. weakens
47. Originally, there were 365 acupoints, but now this has increased to more than 2000 nowadays.
A. reduced B. stabled C. transfe ed D. turned into
48. Acupuncture is considered to be very safe when enough precautions are taken.
A. comfortable B. dangerous C. Sore D. unhealthy
49. Compound exercises can increase strength and size far effectively than isolation exercises.
A. Light B. Heavy C. Mixed D. Single
50. Care is also needed so that inner body parts (lungs, heart liver, etc.) are not touched by the needles.
A. external B. foreign C. superficial D. visible
Part III. GRAMMAR
Exercise 6. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the co ect answer to each of the following questions.
51. Listen! There's someone at the door. I ____ the door for you.
A. am going to open B. am opening C. open D. will open
52. “Look at those dark clouds!“ - “Yes, it ____ in some minutes.”
A. will rain B. is going to rain C. are going to rain D. is raining
53. It‘s very hot. ____ the window. please?
A. Are you opening B. Are you going to open C. Will you open D. Won’t you open
54. Although I have taken some aspirin, the headache ________ away.
A. isn‘t going B. isn’t going to C. not go D. won’t go
55. On Sunday at 8 o‘clock I ____ my friend.
A. meet B. am going to meet C. will be meeting D. will meet
56. Wait! I ____ you to the station.
A. am driving B. drive C. is going to drive D. will drive
57. I ____ my sister in April as planned.
A. have seen B. will see C. am going to see D. see
58. Perhaps I ____ New York one day.
A. am visiting B. am going to visit C. visit D. will visit
59. What time ____ tomo ow?
A. are you going to leave B. do you leave C. will you leave D. would you leave
60. Who ____ the next World Cup?
A. is going to win B. is wining C. will win D. win
6l. He ____ to the theatre tonight. He has got a free ticket.
A. goes B. is going C. went D. will go
62. I ____ my parents at the weekend. I already bought a train ticket.
A. visit B. am going to visit C. visited D. will visit
63. Don‘t touch that dog. It ____ you.
A. bites B. is biting C. is going to bite D. will bite
64. It ____ that half of your plate should consist of vegetables and fruit.
A. is suggested B. is suggesting C. suggesting D. suggests
65. Foods ____ into energy in the digestive system.
A. are oke down and converted B. are oken down and converted
C. eak down and convert D. oken down and converted
66. Stephen William Hawking ____ on 8 January, 1942 in Oxford, England.
A. born B. has born C. is born D. was born
67. ____ by your father?
A. Did that book write B. Did that book written
C. Was that book writing D. Was that book written
68. Acupuncture is part of traditional Chinese medicine(TCM) and ____ in China for thousands of years.
A. has been used B. has using C. has used D. has been using
69. Mr. Snow ____ that course since 1985.
A. hasn’t taught B. haven’t taught C. have been taught D. taught
70. The acupuncturist decides which and how many needles will ____.
A. be use B. be used C. Use D. used
71. The teacher ____ the student for lying.
A. was punished B. is punished C. punished D. has been punished
72. As the patient could not walk he ____ home in a wheel chair.
A. has ca ied B. was ca ying C. was ca ied D. has been ca ied
73. The injured ____ to the hospital in an ambulance.
A. have taken B. was taking C. were taken D. were taking
74. It ____ that the painting is a fake.
A. believed B. is believed C. is believing D. was believing
75. Most studies ____ that acupuncture does not reduce nausea and vomiting caused by radiation therapy.
A. are shown B. were shown C. have shown D. have been shown
76. Acupuncture may not ____ if you have low white blood cell counts or low platelet counts.
A. recommend B. recommended C. is recommended D. be recommended
Exercise 7. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the underlined part that needs co ection in each of the following questions.
77. Despite of its general safety, acupuncture isn’t for everyone.
A B C D
78. Look at the dark clouds. I’m sure it will rain soon.
A B C D
79. Acupuncture is one of the oldest medical treatment in the world.
A B C D
80. Many accidents is caused by careless driving.
A B C D
81. She was gave a box full of chocolate.
A B C D
82. Measles are an infectious disease that causes fever and small red spots.
A B C D
83. Alternative therapies often dismiss by orthodox medicine because they are sometimes administered by
A B C
people with no formal medical training.
84. The practice of acupuncture is rooted in the idea of promoting harmony among human and the world around
A B C
85. Human infants born with about 270 bones, some ot which fuse together as their body develops.
A B C D
86. More research is needed to find out if acupuncture is helped with other side effects such as pain, anxiety or
A B C D
shortness of eath.
87. A man with advanced prostate cancer is believed to cured after doctors shocked his tumour to death with
A B C D
huge amounts of testosterone.
88. Norovirus is a common stomach bug. It also called the Winter Vomiting Bug because it is more prevalent in
A B C D
89. You can be put yourself at risk if you don't usually get many physical activities and then all of a sudden do
A B C
vigorous-intensity aerobic activity, like shovelling snow.
90. Although the research is not yet final, some findings suggest that your risk of endometrial cancer and lung
cancer may be lower if you get regular physical activity is compared to people who are not active.
B C D
Part IV. SPEAKING
Exercise 8. Mark the letter A. 8, C. or D to indicate the co ect response to each of the following exchanges.
91. Doctor: “Good morning. What can I do for you?
Patient: “Good morning. ____”
A. I am fine. Thank you. B. I feel very bored.
C. I have got a bad cough. D. I want to know it, too.
92. "Do you know an apple a day can help you keep fit, build healthy bones and prevent disease like cancer?” - “Wow! ____”
A. I would love to. B. It's a good idea.
C. That's incredible. D. You must like apple.
93. Doctor: “How long has your headache been going on?”
A. After midnight. B. For a week. C. Last month. D. Three times a day.
94. Doctor: “Can 1 listen to your chest?”
A. All up to you. B. My pleasure. C. No, thanks. D. Of course
95. Patient: "Will I get better soon?"
Doctor: “____ Take these tablets and it should clear up in a few days.”
A. Don’t wo y. B. 1 am so y. C. No way. D. Not at all
96. Patient: "Please tell me how shall 1 take this medicine?”
A. Take it home with you. B. Take it back to me.
C. Take it twice per day. D. Take as much as you can.
97. Patient: “Is the surgery a major one?”
A. Why not? B. It’s OK. C. Yes, it is. D. I am not sure.
98. Patient: “____”
Doctor: "Yes. But don't wo y. You’ll be given painkillers.”
A. Will I get better soon? B. Will I be checked for temperature?
C. Will it be painful afterwards? D. Will there be any side effects?
99. Patient: “How much shall I pay you, doctor?”
A. Don't mention it. B. It’s my pleasure. C. £35. D. Take your time.
100. “How arc you coming to the dentist tomo ow?” – “____”
A. At 8 o'clock. B. By bus or car. C. Just in time. D. Nearly 20 minutes.
101. “Do you think you'll get better?” “____”
A. I know so. B. I think not. C. Well, I hope so. D. Yes, that’s right.
102. “I don't think we should exercise late at night.” - “____”
A. So do I. B. I think so, too. C. Neither do I. D. I don’t, neither.
103. “Have you had a flu shot in the past year?” - “No, ____”
A. I am too seared to have one. B. I have one last years.
C. I will have one next year. D. not in the last few years.
104. Doctor: “When did the pain start?’
A. About 2 weeks ago. B. Every morning C. For a month D. From me
105. Doctor: “Here is your medical certificate!”
A. Thank you. B. What's a pity. C. Congratulation. D. You’re welcome.
Part V. READING
Exercise 9. Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the co ect word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks.
Most people would agree with the definition of good health as being a state (106) ____ you are fiee from sickness. (107) ____ this, there are many different opinions about how a person can actually have good health. People used to only think of their health (108) ____ they were sick. But these days more and more people are taking measures to (109) ____ sure that they don‘t get sick in (l10) ____ place.
One of the best things you can do for your body is exercise. But now (111) ____ is enough? Some people think that doing simple things (112) ____ cleaning the house is helpful. Other people do heavy exercise every day, (113) ____ instance, running or swimming. One thing experts do agree on is that (114) ____ kind of exercise is good for you.
Along with exercise, having a healthy diet can help promote good health. Foods like vegetables and fruit should (115) ____ several times each day. It is also important to eat foods high in ﬁber such as beans, grains, fruit and vegetables. Fiber helps your body to (116) ____ the food you eat. It also helps your body in (117) ____ ways such as decreasing the chance of getting some cancers, heart disease and diabetes.
l06. A. how B. when C. where D. Which
107. A. Although B. Because C. Despite D. Due to
l08. A. even if B. when C. whereas D. while
109. A. get B. make C. have D. take
110. A. ﬁrst B. once C. one D. the ﬁrst
111. A. far B. many C. more D. much
112. A. as B. like C. rather D. such
113. A by B. for C. in D.with
114. A. all B. any C. both D. some
115. A. eat B. eating C. been eaten D. be eaten
116. A. consume B. digest C. ump D. spoil
117. A. another B. each other C. other D. others
Exercise 10. Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the co ect answer to each of the questions.
Did you know that on average we forget about 80% of the medical information a doctor might give us? This fascinating information came to light as a result of a study ca ied out by Utrecht University. What is even more interesting is that almost half of what we think we remember is wrong.
Why do you think this is? Well, it’s not as complicated as you may think. You see, going to the doctor fills most people with anxiety and when we are really nervous and stressed we are more likely to focus on the diagnosis rather than the treatment. Therefore, we know what is wrong with us but have no idea what to do about it.
Here are some good tips to keep in mind when seeing a doctor. Always write down any important information. What would be even better is, if your doctor agreed, to record your consultation. This way, you can replay the advice at home, where you are more likely to abso it. If you believe the situation is serious or you’re really wo ied, seek the help of a family member. Just ask them to accompany you to listen in. This way you can be absolutely sure about what the doctor has told you and avoid falling into the same trap that most people do.
118. According to the passage, the information doctors give us ____.
A. is about 50% wrong B. is only 80% co ect
C. is mostly forgotten D. is usually not enough
119. The word “complicated” in the passage is opposite in meaning to ____.
A. good B. quick C. short D. simple
120. The author says that when people consult a doctor, ____.
A. they always believe that their situation is serious
B. they are interested in knowing what they should do
C. they only want to know what is wrong with them
D. they usually have a family member with them
121. The word “abso ” in the passage is closest in meaning to ____.
A. digest B. inhale C. swallow D. take in
122. The author suggests recording the consultant in order to ____.
A. play it to your family members to get their opinions
B. refer to it later to better understand your condition
C. replay it to write down any important information
D. use it as evidence against your doctor if necessary
Exercise 11. Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the co ect answer to each of the questions.
Có thể download miễn phí file .doc bên dưới
Đăng ngày 2018-11-12 22:10:58
| Thể loại: Tiếng Anh 10 Thí điểm
| Lần tải: 1
| Lần xem:
| Page: 1
| FileSize: 1.72 M
| File type: doc
đề thi BT Trắc Nghiệm Tiếng Anh 10(Có Key), Tiếng Anh 10 Thí điểm. Unit 2. YOUR BODY AND YOU Part I. PHONETICS Exercise 1. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions. 1. A. allergy B. digest C. oxygen D. sugar 2. A. eath B. head C. health D. heart 3. A. among B. belong C. body D. strong 4. A. approach B. children C. chocolate D. stomach 5. A. intestine B. mind C. spine D. reliable Exercise 2. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word that diff