Chú ý:Đây là bản xem thử online, xin hãy chọn download miễn phí bên dưới để xem bản đẹp dạng .doc
Class: 10 UNIT 3: PEOPLE’S BACKGROUND
I. A. Choose the word with the different pronunciation of the underlined part.
1. A. scholar B. chemist C. research D. technical
2. A. chemistry B. prepare C. receive D. degree
3. A. private B. diploma C. guide D. writer
4. A. trouble B. study C. tutor D. subject
5. A. received B. worked C. obtained D. ha ored
B. Choose the word with the different pronunciation of the underlined part.
1. A. background B. career C. secondary D. private
2. A. scientific B. atomic C. impossible D. professor
3. A. obtain B. determine C. award D. ha our
4. A. ambitious B. intelligent C. illiant D. mature
5. A. education B. difficulty C. champion D. institute
II. Fill each gap in the sentence with one word from the box.
scientific tragic friendly difficult illiant
medical famous necessary technical serious
1. They were vey _______ to me when I first a ived.
2. The man finds it _______ to stop smoking.
3. There were a lot of _______ achievements in the twentieth century.
4. She looked very _______ when she heard the news.
5. Changes can easily be made where _______.
6. The effect of the pollution on the beaches is absolutely ______.
7. The play they performed was a ________ success.
8. She is more _______ as a writer than as an actress.
9. What is the patient’s _______ history?
10. He received some _______ training from his father.
1. friendly 2. difficult 3. technical 4. serious 5. necessary
6. tragic 7. illiant 8. famous 9. medical 10. scientific
III. Choose the best answer.
1. Mary is always determined to do anything she wants. She′s a ______ woman.
A. ambitious B. strong-willed C. illiant D. humane
2. She passed her exams with flying colour.
A. successfully B. difficultly C. badly D. easily
3. He behaved like an adult. I think he is more ________ than the other boys at his class.
A. intelligent B. mature C. ambitious D. developed
4. There is no ________ explanation for what happened.
A. scientist B. scientific C. scientifically D. science
5. Marie went to France to _______ her dream at the So onne.
A. have B. get C. take D. realize
6. A ______ is someone who teaches one student or a very small class.
A. tutor B. professor C. adviser D. leader
7. Luis has a _______ in French from Leeds University.
A. certificate B. degree C. diploma D. qualification
8. Marie Curie was_______ a Nobel prize in Chemistry in 1911.
A. received B. obtained C. gained D. awarded
9. David Brown worked ____ a tourist guide from June 1999 to December 2002. He really liked his job.
A. for B. on C. as D. with
10. Tony : ___________________?
Ann : In a flat near the supermarket.
A. What′s your address? B. Where are you?
C. Where are you live? D. Where do you live?
IV Give the co ect simple past tense or past perfect tense.
1. He (leave) ___________ London 2 years ago.
2. The man looked familiar. I (see) __________ him somewhere before.
3. Everybody (be) _______ at home to watch football on TV last night.
4. Mr Brown (become) _________ famous after he (have) _______ some inventions .
5. I a ived home and (find) ________ that a thief ( eak)_______ in.
6. We had just gone to bed when we (hear) _______ a knock at the door.
7. They told me that they (never / meet) _______ me.
8. My friends didn’t want to come to the cinema with me because they (already / see)______the film.
9. “Was Tom there when you a ived?”- “No, he (go)_______ home”.
10. It’s time we all (go) _________ home.
11. When he (come)________out, his bike (disappear) ____________.
12. They (go)____________ home after they (finish)____________ their work.
1. left 2. had seen 3. was 4. became/ had had
5. found/ had oken 6. heard 7. had never met 8. had already seen
9. had gone 10. went 11. came/ had disappeared 12. went/ had finished
V. Give the co ect form of word:
1. Louis Pasteur is a world-famous French _________________. (chemistry)
2. ________________ around the world are looking for a better human life. (Science)
3. There are now a lot of students without jobs after _____________. (graduate)
4. They need a leader with courage and _____________. (determine)
5. Bad planning always leads to ____________ later. (difficult)
6. Researchers have already made some important ____________. (discover)
7. The (found) __________of the Institute of Radium in 1914 made her humanitarian wish come true.
8. After the tragic (die)________ of Pie e Curie, she became the first woman in France to be a university professor.
9. Elizaberth Blackwell was an (ambition) _______ girl. She was determined to be a doctor at any cost.
10. If Helen is concerned about her (appear) ____________, she will look pretty.
1. chemist 2. scientists 3. graduation 4. determination 5. difficulty
6. discoveries 7. foundation 8. death 9. ambitious 10. appearance
VI. Choose the co ect word or phrase to fill in the blank:
Ba ara, who is a writer, is ma ied with two ___1____ . She has written over 40 books. She started ___2___ after the tragic death of her first husband. She has lived in many ___3___ of the world, including Japan and India. She ____4__ her childhood in Egypt, but came to England __5__ 1966. She has written ___6___ prose and poetry, but is best known for her romantic novels. She ___7___ many awards, including the Boooker Prize which she ___8___ in 1988 for the novel “ Dark times to Come”.
1. A. childs B. children C.boy D. woman
2. A .writing B. wrote C. has written D. write
3. A .where B. villages C. city D. regions
4. A .spends B. has spent C. spent D. spending
5. A .on B. in C. at D. of
6. A .as well B. too C. also D. both
7. A. has won B. won C. wins D. winning
8. A. won B. has won C. have won D. had won
VII. A. Read the passage and answer the questions:
Marconi, who invented radio nearly a hundred years ago, was born in Bologna in Northern Italy in 1874. His father was a rich Italian businessman and his mother was a Scot who had lived in
Ireland and had gone to Italy to study music. The family lived in a country house, the Villa Grifone, just outside Bologna.
When he was a boy, people didn’t think that Marconi was particularly clever. He was a quiet boy who spoke little but thought a lot. He liked nothing better than to sit and read scientific books in his father’s big li ary. He also loved to do experiments with electricity. For most of his early life, he was taught at home. He didn’t go to school.
Task 1: Choose the best answers.
1. Marconi ____________.
A. invented radio C. sent sounds through the air
B. discovered electricity D. sent radio
2. Marconi’s mother ___________
A. wasn’t Italian C. was born in Bologna
B. was Italian D. was born in Northern Italy
3. What did people think about Marconi when he was a child?
A. He didn’t like to do experiments with electricity
B. He wasn’t particularly clever
C. He was a child of few words
D. He talked too much but thought little
4. Which sentence is not true?
A. Marconi was very interested in books on science.
B. He had much schooling.
C. He was a quiet child.
D. His father was from Italy.
Task 2: Answer the questions.
1. When was Marconi born and where?
- He was born in 1874 in Bologna in Northern Italy.
2. What was Marconi’s nationality?
- He was Italian.
3. Why did Marconi speak little?
- Because he was a quiet boy.
4. Was Marconi taught at school when he was young?
- No, he wasn’t.
Read the passage carefully and choose the best option (A, B, C or D)
No writer in American literature is more famous or more loved than Mark Twain.
When Mark Twain was eleven years old, his father died leaving nothing to his wife and four children. Mark Twain had to leave school and look for a job. His elder other was working as a printer and he helped the boy to learn printing. For some years, he worked as a printer for the town newspaper and later for his other, who at that time had started a small newspaper. The two young man published it themselves. Mark Twain wrote short humorous stories and printed them for their newspaper. In 1853, Mark Twain decided to leave home. He went to New York, and then to Philadelphia, where he worked as a printer. When he was a boy, he dreamed of becoming a sailor. At 20, he found a job on a boat travelling up and down the Mississippi, but he had to pay 100 dollars to get the job. On that boat he learned the work of a sailor.
“Tom Sawyer” and “Hucklebe y Finn” are considered Twain’s best works which provide his readers with an excellent picture of his era. His last book was written in 1909, one year before his death. He was then 74 years old.
Task 1: Choose the best answers.
1. How old was Mark Twain when his father died?
A. 12 B. 11 C. 20 D. 21
2. Why did he have to leave school?
A. Because he wanted to work as a sailor.
B. Because his father died and left nothing to the family.
C. Because he enjoyed adventures.
D. Because he disliked school.
3. What did his other teach him?
A. printing B. writing C. literature D. history
4. Mark Twain used to dream of becoming a _______.
A. teacher B. writer C. sailor D. printer
Task 2: Answer the questions.
1. What is Mark Twain’s nationality?
- He’s American.
2. What’s his job?
- He’s a writer.
3. What did he do in Philadelphia?
- He worked as a printer there.
4. Are “Tom Sawyer” and “Hucklebe y Finn” considered his best works?
- Yes, they are.
5. When did he die?
- He died in 1910.
CLASS 10 UNIT 2: SCHOOL TALKS
I. Choose the word that has the underlined (letters) pronounced differently from the others.
1. a. chance b. teaching c. chemistry d. children
2. a. hard b. start c. party d. talk
3. a. son b. sunshine c. above d. woman
4. a. polite b. literature c. guide d. kind
5. a. great b. teacher c. street d. receive
II. Choose the best answer.
1.................... do you want? ~ A box of chocolates.
a. What b. Which c. Who d. How
2. .............. is this building? ~ It′s about two hundred years old.
a. How long b. How far c. How old d. How
3. ...................... money do you earn? ~About £250 a week.
a. How much b. What c. How many d.. Which
4.................... bag are you ca ying? ~ Judy′s.
a. Which b. What c. who’s d. Whose
5. ....................is your new school? ~ It′s very big and friendly.
a. What b. How c. Where d. Which
6. ..................is it to tile post office? ~ About two hundred meters.
a. How far b. How long c. How often d. How much
7. ..................... is your national flag? Red and yellow.
a. What b. Which of color c. What color d. Which
8. ...................do you take a holiday? ~ Once a year.
a. When b. How long c. What time d. How often
9. ...............is Greg like′? ~ He′s tall and thin with own hair.
a. What b. How c. Who d. Whom
10. .................... did the. Second World War end? ~ in 1945.
a. Where b. When c. What time d. How long
III. Put the ve s into co ect forms (gerund or infinitive)
1. All of the members agreed _____ the emergency meeting. (attend)
2. Jack promised _____ to the meeting. (come)
3. Alex refused ______ for his rude behavior. (apologize)
4. At first, I enjoyed (listen) ________ to him but after a while I got tired of (hear)_________ the same story again and again.
5. Did you remember (give) ___________him the key of the safe? No, I didn’t, I’ll go and do it no
6. She rushed out of the room without (give)_________ me a chance (explain)____________ .
7. Please forgive me for (inte upt)_________ you but would you mind (repeat)__________ that last sentence?
8. I know my hair wants (cut)__________ but I never have time (go)____________ to the hairdresser’s.
Keys: 1. to attend 2. to come 3. to apologize 4. listening – hearing
5. giving 6. giving - to explain 7. inte upting – repeating 8. to cut – to go
IV. Use the word in ackets to complete these sentences.
language work na ow subject crowded enjoyable stuck jobs about similar
1. Don′t wo y ______________me. I’ll be fine.
2. Can you speak any other ___________ besides English.
3. The truck could not take that road because it was very _________ .
4. Most students find the course very _________.
5. She is interested in teaching ______________ because she loves working with children.
6. Our coach was ___________ in a traffic jam and got to Heathrow forty minutes late.
7. The store was_____________ with shoppers.
8. My favourite ____________ is History.
9. If two people speak the same language, they usually have_______ attitudes and opinions.
10. Approximately half the people interviewed were in manual occupations
IV. 1. about 2. language 3. na ow 4. enjoyable 5. work
6. stuck 7. crowded 8. subject 9. similar 10. jobs
V. Reading the passage and do the task
Hello, my name is Hung. I come from Hai Phong- a beautiful port city in the North of VN, but now I am living in Ha Noi. I’m 10 grader of HaNoi Foreign Language Specialising High school. Now I’m studying at English and Russian School and I can speak the language quite well. I’m living in a flat near my school with my classmate. He comes from Thanh Hoa. We have to cook ourselves. It’s rather hard but it helps us living independently.
Task 1: Decide the statements are True (T) or False (F). Co ect the false statements
a. Hung comes from a city in the South of VN
b. He can speak English well
c. His classmate come from Hai Phong, too
d. Hung live in a small house with his family
e. Hung has to cook alone
Task 2: Answer these questions:
a. What does Hung study?
b. In which class does he study?
c. Who does he live with?
d. What does he talk about his life?
* Suggested answers:
a. F Hung comes from a city in the North of VN
c. F He comes from Thanh Hoa
d. F He is living in a flat near my school with my classmate.
e. F . He cooks with his classmate
a. He studies English and Russian
b. He is 10 grader
c. He lives with his classmates
d. He talks that his life is rather hard but it helps him living independently
Class 10 UNIT 1: A DAY IN THE LIFE OF………
I. Choose the word having the underlined part pronounced differently from the others.
1. a. little b. fish c. meet d. pig
2. a. interest b. it c. pea d. sit
3. a. simple b. meat c. kick d. hit
4. a. fasten b. sense c. smell d. rest
5. a. niece b. tie c. lie d. die
II. Choose the best answer.
1. The boys oke a window when they _________ football.
a. played b. were playing c. had played d. are playing
2. He ________ you now, but he won’t believe you tomo ow.
a. believe b. believes c. is believing d. has believed
3. What ________ to you yesterday?
a. happened b. did happen c. had happen d. has happened
4. I _______ about him when suddenly he came in.
a. talk b. talked c. am talking d. was talking
5. The light _________ out while we were having tea.
a. was going b. went c. had gone d. has gone
6. “May I help speak to Dr. Paine, please?”
“I’m so y, he _______ a patient at the moment. Can I help you?”
a. is seeing b. sees c. has been seeing d. was seeing
7. The Earth _______ on the sun for its heat and light.
a. is depend b. depending c. has depend d. depends
8. While I ________ TV last night, a mouse ran across the floor.
a. watch b. watched c. was watching d. am watching
9. Last night we _______ many songs by the camp fire.
a. sing b. sang c. sung d. were singing
10. In spite of her difficult living conditions, she worked extremely______.
a. hard b. hardly c. harder d. hardest
III. Give the co ect form of the ve s in ackets in two tenses: Simple Present or Simple Past.
1. Mr. Green always (go) _________ to work by bus.
2. It (not rain) ____________in the dry season.
3. They (not go) ____________to the movies last Sunday.
4. My little sister (drink) ___________milk every day.
5. There (be) ___________ a lot of noise at the fair yesterday.
6. They (give) _____________ me the letter a few minutes ago.
7. _____ you (find) ________ my fountain pen yesterday?
8. They often (thank) ____________me for what I do for them.
9. His uncle (teach) __________English in our school five years ago.
10. It (take) _______me 5 minutes to walk to school last year.
III. 1. goes 2. doesn’t rain 3. didn’t go
4. drinks 5. was 6. gave
7. did you find 8. thank 9. taught 10. took
IV. Use the word in ackets to complete these sentences.
fellow peasant tobacco transplant neighbour
rest go off plough chat crop
1. Last night, when we were talking together, the light___________.
2. My grandparents enjoyed playing chess with his _________ members in the club.
3. All the farmers in this village are looking forward to a bumper _________.
4. Mr. John has had a lot of support from his relatives and ______________.
5. A _______ is a farmer who owns or rents a small piece of land.
6. The scientists are willing to do this job for the ________ of his life.
7. The government passed a law banning advertising _________.
8. Japanese production methods have been ______ into some British factories.
9. Tom has been on the computer all afternoon, _______ with his friend.
10. A ________ is used for digging and turning over soil.
IV. 1. went off 2. fellow 3. crop 4. neighbors 5. peasant
6. rest 7. tobacco 8. transplanted 9. chatting 10. plough
V. Choose the best answer.
I a ived at the airport with plenty of time to check in. It was a trip I had done many times before and (1) _____ to the clerk at the desk, there was no problems and the (2) _____ was schedule to leave on time. I was flying to Helsinki but I had to (3) _____ planes in Rome. Suddenly there was a(n) (4) _____ saying that, because of a strike by air- traffic controllers, the plan would be (5)_____ by at least two hours.
I headed in the (6) ______ of the restaurant. After a tiring of about six hours, tired and frustrated, we eventually (7) _____ the plane. When we (8) _____ in Rome, it was almost midnight, and there was no sign of any connection to Helsinki.
1. A. refe ing B. relating C. according D. conforming
2. A. trip B. travel C. flight D. journey
3. A. alter B. change C. transfer D. exchange
4. A. notice B. oadcast C. advertisement D. announcement
5. A. delayed B. stopped C. checked D. postponed
6. A. way B. path C. route D. direction
7. A. took B. boarded C. joined D. caught
8. A. a ived B. went C. got D. came
Có thể download miễn phí file .doc bên dưới
Đăng ngày 2019-01-10 20:25:22
| Thể loại: Tiếng Anh
| Lần tải: 0
| Lần xem:
| Page: 1
| FileSize: 0.08 M
| File type: doc
đề thi tieng anh 10 sach cu bài tập 1, 2, 3, Tiếng Anh. Class: 10 UNIT 3: PEOPLE’S BACKGROUND I. A. Choose the word with the different pronunciation of the underlined part. 1. A. scholar B. chemist C. research D. technical 2. A. chemistry B. prepare C. rec