|TRƯỜNG THCS ĐỒNG NAI
CÁT TIÊN – LÂM ĐỒNG
|ĐỀ KIỂM TRA HỌC KỲ II
MÔN TIẾNG ANH LỚP 8
Thời gian làm bài: 45 phút
I. Circle the correct answer A, B, C or D to complete each of the following sentences. (3 pts)
1. There is an/a ______. Please send an ambulance to Thang Long school.
A. elevation B. emergency C. first-aid D. wound
2. Nam wrote the note on the board in order to ______ his classmates about the change in schedule.
A. inform B. informs C. informing D. informed
3. My brother _______his homework at seven o'clock last night.
A. does B. did C. has done D. was doing
4. What's the problem ______ the computer?
A. at B. in C. on D. with
5. An English speaking contest ______ at Quang Trung school next week.
A. is held B. was held C. will be held D. has been held
6. Phong enjoys ______ flowers.
A. plant B. to plant C. planting D. planted
7. People usually use compost to ______ their fields.
A. fertilize B. melt C. recycle D. reduce
8. Would you mind ______ the door?
A. open B. to open C. opening D. opened
9. London will be very ______ with the low temperature of minus three and high of seven.
A. cold B. cool C. hot D. warm
10. - I like playing soccer. - ______.
A. So do I B. So am I C. Neither do I D. Neither am I
11. I think playing in the rain is_______.
A. danger B. endanger C. dangerous D. dangerously
12. Phong Nha Cave now is a famous tourist_______.
A. attract B. attractive C. attraction D. attractively
II. Read the passage and fill in the gap with a word from the box. (2 pts)
competitions festival participated traditional
river rice-cooking separate rub
THE RICE-COOKING FESTIVAL
The rice-cooking (1)_________ was held in the communal house yard about one kilometer a way from a (2)__________. There were three (3)_________: waterfetching, fire-making and (4)__________. The festival took one day. In the water-fetching contest one person from each team had to run to the river to get the water. In the fire-making contest two team members had to make fire in the (5)__________way. They tried to (6) ____________ pieces of bamboo together to make the fire.
Six people from each team (7)___________in the rice-cooking festival. They had to (8)___________ the rice from the husk and then cook the rice.