|TRƯỜNG THCS ĐÔNG NAI
CÁT TIÊN – LÂM ĐỒNG
|ĐỀ KIỂM TRA HỌC KỲ II
MÔN TIẾNG ANH LỚP 9
Thời gian làm bài: 45 phút
I. Listen to the passage and answer the questions (2pts)
1. How old is Mike?
2. Does he often get good marks?
3. What does he like doing in his free time?
4. When is he going to visit Ha Noi?
II. Circle the correct answer A, B, C or D to complete each of the following sentences (2.năm pts)
1. If Ba ________ here tomorrow, I will phone you.
A. come B. comes C. came D. will come
2. He didn't have much money, _____ he bought a lot of things at the shop for Tet.
A. and B. but C. or D. so
3. The washing machine was expensive ________ we couldn't afford to buy it.
A. because B. but C. however D. so
4. Tom enjoys ________ strange stamps.
A. collect B. to collect C. collecting D. collected
5. If she continues to use electricity that way, she ________ to pay a large bill.
A. have B. has C. will have D. would have
6. They are discussing the celebration that is going to ________ this month.
A. hold B. held C. be hold D. be held
7. There will ________ a shortage of electricity.
A. be B. do C. have D. get
8. The air is polluted ________ there is too much traffic.
A. because B. but C. however D. therefore
9. We all like the sticky rice cakes ________ are made by our grandmother.
A. who B. what C. which D. where
10. Linh didn't come to the party because he had to look _____her younger sister.
A. at B. after C. for D. up
III. Write a complaint letter about the bad situation of your school's environment by using the words given (2.năm pts)
- I/ write /you/ the pollution made/ factory/ near/ school.
-They/produce/ lot/ smoke/ so/ we/ not/ breathe.
- They/ also make/ river/ behind/ school/ dirty/ chemical waste.
- I/ suggest/ local authority/ make/ them/ stop/ polluting activities.
- I/ look/ to/ see/ reply.
Start your letter like this:
Dear Mr. President,
IV. Complete the passage with words in the box (2pts)
like, movement, destroyed, abrupt, disasters
The natural (1)….. called "Tidal Waves" often occur suddenly. They are the result of an (2)….. shift in the underwater (3)…..of the Earth. In the late 2004, a series of tidal waves struck the sea sides of Indonesia, Thailand, and some other Asian countries. The famous resorts such as Phuket and Fifi were completely (4)…..A large number of people were killed.