Bài tập Tiếng Anh theo chủ đề Celebrations thuộc chương trình giáo khoa Tiếng Anh 11, qua bài tập này, bạn sẽ ôn luyện kĩ hơn và củng cố lại kiến thức của mình, từ đó đạt được thành tích tốt trong học tập.
Bài tập Tiếng Anh theo chủ đề Celebrations
I. Choose the word that has main stress placed differently from the others.
1. a. celebrate b. decorate c. entertain d. influence
2. a. polite b. popular c. pagoda d. agrarian
3. a. longevity b. calendar c. parade d. occasion
4. a. represent b. exchange c. receiving d. prepare
5. a. constancy b. festival c. activity d. comment
II. Choose the one word or phrase - a, b, c, or d - that best completes the sentences or substitutes for the underlined part.
1. Before Tet, supermarkets and shops are full _______ goods.
a. of b. with c. in d. for
2. On the first -day of Tet, children ____ their new clothes and make New Year's wishes to their parents.
a. take on b. pick on c. put on d. try on
3. People believed that what they do on the first day of the year will __ their luck during the whole year.
a. control b. influence c. exchange d. result
4. I looked everywhere but I couldn't find _______ at all.
a. no one b. anyone c. someone d. somebody
5. Tet is really a time of fun and _______ throughout the country.
a. holidays b. celebrations c. preparations d. festivals
6. The whole family usually tries to get together at Christmas.
a. contact b. gather c. relate d. communicate
7. In Britain Christmas dinner usually _______ turkey, Christmas pudding and brandy butter.
a. brings on b. serves with c. consists of d. puts up
8. We wish you both- health and longevity.
a. long life b. happy life c. easy life d. exciting life
9. Vietnamese people usually make _______ for Tet several weeks beforehand.
a. preparing b. preparation c. preparatory d. preparations
10. She has as good chance as _______ of winning the race.
a. someone b. anyone c. everyone d. no one
III. Choose the one word or phrase - a, b, c, or d - that best completes the sentences.
1. Nobody was late for the meeting last night, _______?
a. wasn't he b. weren't they c. were they d. was he
2. No girl should have to wear school uniform, because it _______ like a sack of potatoes.
a. makes them look b. makes her look
c. makes them to look d. makes her to look
3. I phoned Sarah at home, but _______.
a. there were no answers b. there were no answer
c. there was no answers d. there was no answer
4. _______ thinks that Phil should be given the job.
a. number of people b. Neither of us
c. Most of us d. The majority of people
5. Neither Jane nor her brothers _______ a consent form for tomorrow's field trip.
a. need b. needs c. is needing d. has need
6. My cousin who I used to visit every summer _______ from America on Saturday.
a. arriving b. is arriving c. has arrived d. is going
7. The holiday nowadays is not as long as it _______.
a. is used to be b. was used to be c. used to be d. is used to being
8. If I were you, _______ and tell her you're going to be late.
a. I phone b. I'll phone c. I'd phone d. I'd have phoned
9. Let the boy _______ it himself before you offer to help.
a. try b. to try c. trying d. will try
10. When someone ____ you a present, it is a custom to give them in return.
a. give b. gives c. will give d. has given