Giống các thư viện tài liệu khác được bạn đọc chia sẽ hoặc do sưu tầm lại và giới thiệu lại cho các bạn với mục đích nghiên cứu , chúng tôi không thu phí từ thành viên ,nếu phát hiện nội dung phi phạm bản quyền hoặc vi phạm pháp luật xin thông báo cho chúng tôi,Ngoài thư viện tài liệu này, bạn có thể tải đề thi, giáo trình phục vụ nghiên cứu
Một số tài liệu tải về lỗi font chữ không xem được, nguyên nhân máy tính bạn không hỗ trợ font củ, bạn download các font .vntime củ về cài sẽ xem được.
Bạn có thể Tải về miễn phí đề thi này , hoặc tìm kiếm các đề thi khác tại đây : tìm kiếm đề thi Tiếng Anh 11
PHRASAL VERBS - UNIT 6
I. Complete these sentences using the six verbs from the list below. Use each verb
break out in - break down - go down - pass out - come round/come to - get over
1. Alma took many years to.......the death of her husband.
2. Peter.......when he heard that he had won a million pounds.
3. Joan.......a pink rash all over her body after eating rhubarb pie.
4. The unconscious woman.......when we sprinkled some water on her face.
5. My swollen ankle.......after I put some ice on it.
6. Nick.......because he couldn`t cope with the pressure of his job.
II. Replace the words in italics in the following passage with suitable verbs from
It is amazing how quickly people can recover from difficult periods in their lives. Last year my friend. Jack, started having problems with his job. Eventually the pressure became too much for him and he became mentally ill and had to go into a psychiatric hospital. When his mother heard what had happened to him she lost control of her emotions and wept. His father was very worried and became covered by a nervous rash. Fortunately Jack overcame his illness and was able to leave the hospital after a few weeks and return to his family.
III. Complete the passage using come round or come to/break out in/break down.
Last week. I was attacked by two men. I.......a cold sweat when one of them threatened me with a knife. When the other one punched me I.......and cried. Finally one of them hit me on the head and knocked me unconscious. I didn`t.......for at least five minutes.
IV. Complete the passage using get over/pass out/go down.
The front tyre of my bicycle kept.......so I decided to.......the problem by buying a new one. When I went to the shop to buy one I nearly.......when I discovered how expensive they were.
V. Use the verbs in brackets to reply to the following.
e.g. What happens when you get measles? (break out in)
=> You break out in spots.
1. What happened when you hit your head on the wall? (pass out)
2. How long were you away from work after your heart attack? (get over)
3. How long were you unconscious? (come round/come to)
4. What did she do when she heard the terrible news? (break down)
5. How did you know he was frightened? (break out in)
6. The bruise on your head looks painful. (go down)
1. get over 2. passed out
3. broke out in 4. came round/to
5 .went down 6. broke down
II. get over, broke down, broke down, broke out in, got over
III. broke out in, broke down, come round/to
IV. going down; get over, passed out
1. I passed out .
2. I got over it in 6 weeks cried (etc.).
3. I came round/to after 2 hours (etc.).
4. She broke down and cried (etc.)
5. He broke out in a cold sweat (etc.).
6. I hope it’ll go down soon (etc.).
- break out in: nổi lên; lộ rõ [ban đỏ, sởi…]
- break down: đuối sức
- go down: giảm bớt
- pass out: bất tỉnh
- come round/come to: tỉnh lại
- get over: hồi phục, nguôi ngoai