Cũng như các tài liệu khác được thành viên giới thiệu hoặc do tìm kiếm lại và giới thiệu lại cho các bạn với mục đích học tập , chúng tôi không thu phí từ người dùng ,nếu phát hiện tài liệu phi phạm bản quyền hoặc vi phạm pháp luật xin thông báo cho chúng tôi,Ngoài tài liệu này, bạn có thể download đồ án thạc sĩ tiến sĩ phục vụ tham khảo
Một số tài liệu tải về lỗi font chữ không xem được, thì do máy tính bạn không hỗ trợ font củ, bạn download các font .vntime củ về cài sẽ xem được.
Bạn có thể Tải về miễn phí đề thi này , hoặc tìm kiếm các đề thi khác tại đây : tìm kiếm đề thi Tiếng Anh 11
PHRASAL VERBS - UNIT 4
I. Complete these sentences using the six verbs from the list below. Use each verb only once.
break down - break up - break off - make up - make up for - fall out
1. Julia decided that she was too young to get married so she.......her engagement to Ian.
2. Our family.......after our parents were divorced.
3. Why don`t you two stop fighting and.......I
4. Jim apologized to his boss for being late and promised to.......it by working an extra hour.
5. That new washing machine was a waste of money! It`s always.......
6. Paul and his sister were always.......when they were young.
II. Fill the space with a preposition where necessary.
1. Jill made up.......her boyfriend.
2. Jill made up.......wasting time.
3. George and Sam fell out.......money.
III. Replace the words in italics by the words in brackets. Change the word order if necessary.
e.g. Ron fell out with her. (Sue)
=> Ron fell out with Sue.
1. They made it up. (their quarrel)
2. They broke off peace talks. (them)
3. Alfred fell out with his brother. (him)
4. My mother-in-law broke up my marriage. (it)
5. I`ll make up for my mistake. (it)
IV. Complete the passage using make up/make up for/break off.
Nina was very upset with Neil when he forgot her birthday. She told him that she wanted to.......their engagement. Neil apologized and told her he would .......forgetting her birthday by buying her a special gift. Nina accepted his apology and they kissed and........
V. Complete the passage using break down/fall out/break up.
Everything went wrong for Steve last month. His marriage......., his car.......and he.......with his boss.
VI. Use the verbs in brackets to reply to the following.
e.g. I`m sorry I shouted at you. (make up)
=> Why don`t we make up and forget it.
1. This book is mine not yours! (fall out)
2. Howard and Jane are always quarrelling. (break up)
3. Do you want me to go away? (make up)
4. I put twenty pence in the coffee machine but I didn`t get any coffee. (break down)
5. I’m sorry I forgot your birthday. (make up for)
6. Do you still want to marry me? (break off)
1. broke off 4. make up for
2. broke up 5. breaking down
3. make (it) up 6. falling out
1. with 2. for 3 over
1. made up their quarrel 4. broke it up
2. broke them off 5. make up for it
3 fell out with him
break off. make up for, made up
broke up; broke down, fell out
1. OK, just don`t let`s fall out over it (etc.).
2. Yes, and now they`ve finally broken up (etc.).
3. No, let`s make up and forget it (etc.).
4. It`s always breaking down (etc.)
5. You can make up for it by buying me lunch today (etc.).
6. No. I want to break off our engagement (etc.).