Cũng như các giáo án bài giảng khác được bạn đọc chia sẽ hoặc do sưu tầm lại và chia sẽ lại cho các bạn với mục đích tham khảo , chúng tôi không thu phí từ bạn đọc ,nếu phát hiện nội dung phi phạm bản quyền hoặc vi phạm pháp luật xin thông báo cho chúng tôi,Ngoài giáo án bài giảng này, bạn có thể download bài giảng miễn phí phục vụ nghiên cứu
Một số tài liệu download mất font không xem được, có thể máy tính bạn không hỗ trợ font củ, bạn tải các font .vntime củ về cài sẽ xem được.
Bạn có thể Tải về miễn phí đề thi này , hoặc tìm kiếm các đề thi
PHRASAL VERBS - UNIT 2
I. Complete these sentences using the six verbs from the list below. Use each verb only once.
grow up - look after - bring up - do up - look back
1. My aunt.......her family without any help from her husband.
2. Julia wants to be a teacher when she...... .
3. When I stayed in hospital the nurses....... me very well.
4. Children often ...... their parents.
5. We must stop.......and start thinking about the future.
6. Let`s.......the flat before we try and sell it.
II. Change these sentences into the passive. Do not include the agent in your answer.
e.g. John`s parents brought him up in the country.
=> John was brought up in the country.
1. Jack`s mother looked after him.
2. My parents brought me up to respect the law.
3. They did up the house before they sold it.
III. Replace the words in italics by the words in brackets. Change the word order if necessary.
e.g. Sandra takes after Sue. (her)
=> Sandra takes after her.
1. Aunt Jane brought up four children. (them)
2. Let`s do it up. (the lounge in our new flat)
3. Mike takes after him. (his grandfather)
4. You should look after them. (your new shoes)
5. I enjoy looking back on the old times. (them)
IV. Complete the passage using grow up/bring up/look back.
Ted was a badly-behaved child and very difficult to........ When I.......at his childhood it is funny to think he.......and became a policeman.
V. Complete the passage using look after/take after/do up.
Sam.......his father. He is very careless and doesn`t....... himself properly. Last week, for instance, he fell off a ladder while he was.......his new house.
VI. Use the verbs in brackets to reply to the following.
e.g. Why did you buy that old car? (do up)
=> I bought it because I`m going to do it up and sell it.
1. Your car is in very good condition, (look after)
2. This flat is in a terrible state. (do up)
3. Did you have a happy childhood? (look back)
4. He’s a very polite young man. (bring up)
5. Alison is very clever. (take after)
6. Last time I saw Sally she was just a little girl. (grow up)
1. brought up 4. take after
2. grows up 5. looking back
3. looked after 6. do up
1. Jack was looked after
3. The house was done up before they sold it.
2. I was brought up to respect the law.
1. brought them up
2. do up the lounge in our new flat/do the lounge up in our new flat.
3. takes after his grandfather
4. look after your new shoes
5. looking back on them
bring up; look back, grew up
takes after, look after; doing up
1. I`ve always looked after it (etc.).
2. It’s going to be done up soon (etc.).
3 .Yes, when I look back on it (etc.).
4. He was brought up very well by his parents (etc.).
5. That`s because she takes after her mother (etc.).
6. Well, now she`s grown up and is a teacher (etc.).