Giống các giáo án bài giảng khác được bạn đọc chia sẽ hoặc do sưu tầm lại và giới thiệu lại cho các bạn với mục đích nghiên cứu , chúng tôi không thu phí từ thành viên ,nếu phát hiện tài liệu phi phạm bản quyền hoặc vi phạm pháp luật xin thông báo cho website ,Ngoài thư viện tài liệu này, bạn có thể download tài liệu, bài tập lớn phục vụ tham khảo
Một số tài liệu tải về mất font không xem được, nguyên nhân máy tính bạn không hỗ trợ font củ, bạn tải các font .vntime củ về cài sẽ xem được.
Bạn có thể Tải về miễn phí đề thi này , hoặc tìm kiếm các đề thi khác tại đây : tìm kiếm đề thi Tiếng Anh 11
PHRASAL VERBS - UNIT 18
I. Complete these sentences using the six verbs from the list below. Use each verb only once.
turn down - drop out - carry out - fall through - lay off - put forward
1. The United Nation`s Peace Committee......a very interesting plan for achieving world
2. There was a loud explosion as the terrorists.......their threat to bomb the embassy.
3. The factory had to.......many employees because of a drop in sales.
4. My boss.......my request for a pay rise.
5. Jane`s plan to move to a bigger flat......when she lost her job.
6. Paul......of university because he found the work too difficult.
II. Change these sentences into the passive. Do not include the agent in your answer.
e.g. The company laid off ten employees.
( Ten employees were laid off.
1. A scientist is carrying out the tests now.
2. My boss laid me off.
3. The chairperson put forward a new proposal.
4. She turned down their application.
III. Replace the words in italics by the words in brackets. Change the word order if necessary.
e.g. The doctor carried out the tests. (them)
( The doctor carried them out.
1. Henry turned it down. (the offer of a new job)
2. A soldier must carry out orders. (them)
3. Tom put forward an interesting plan. (it)
4. The company laid them off. (hundreds of manual workers)
IV. Complete the passage using carry out/fall through/lay off.
Three months ago, the company`s plan to expand.......and it had to.......nearly half of its work force. The employees were very annoyed about this and they......their threat to go on strike.
V. Complete the passage using turn down/drop out/put forward.
Last week, we had a committee meeting to organize a Christmas party in our office. I......some interesting suggestions but they were all......, so I decided to......of the committee and let the others do all the work.
V. Use the verbs in brackets to reply to the following.
e.g. Why are you looking so unhappy? (turn down)
( Because I asked my girlfriend to marry me, and she turned me down.
1. Did your scheme succeed? (fall through)
2. Why isn`t Jim at work today? (lay off)
3. Why does the doctor want to take a sample of my blood. (carry out)
4. Did you take the money your father offered you? (turn down)
5. What happened at the meeting? (put forward)
6. Are you enjoying university? (drop out)
1. put forward 2. carried out 3. lay off
4. turned down 5. fell through 6. dropped out
1. The tests are being earned out now
2. I was laid off
3. A new proposal was put forward
4. Their application was turned down
1. turned down the offer of a new job/turned the offer of a new job down
2. carry them out
3. put it forward
4. laid off hundreds of manual workers/laid hundreds of manual workers off
IV. fell through, layoff, carried out
V. put forward, turned down, drop out
1. No, it fell through because there wasn`t enough time (etc.)
2. Because he`s been laid off (etc.)
3. To carry out a test for diabetes (etc.)
4. No, I turned it down (etc.)
5. We put forward some new proposals (etc.)
6. Not really, so I`ve decided to drop out (etc.)
- turn down: cự tuyệt; bác (đơn xin việc; yêu cầu)
- drop out: bỏ cuộc; bỏ học (= play truant)
- carry out: tiến hành; đem ra thi hành
- fall through: thất bại; không tiến hành (= fail to happen)
- lay off: sa thải; cho nghỉ việc [vì hết việc] (= stop employing; dismiss; sack; give the sack)
- put forward: đề xuất (= come up with)
She turned down [a request]
He is dropping out…
They are carrying out the project.
He has been laid off.