Cũng như các thư viện tài liệu khác được bạn đọc chia sẽ hoặc do tìm kiếm lại và chia sẽ lại cho các bạn với mục đích học tập , chúng tôi không thu phí từ bạn đọc ,nếu phát hiện tài liệu phi phạm bản quyền hoặc vi phạm pháp luật xin thông báo cho chúng tôi,Ngoài thư viện tài liệu này, bạn có thể tải tài liệu, bài tập lớn phục vụ nghiên cứu
Một số tài liệu download lỗi font chữ không xem được, nguyên nhân máy tính bạn không hỗ trợ font củ, bạn download các font .vntime củ về cài sẽ xem được.
Bạn có thể Tải về miễn phí đề thi này , hoặc tìm kiếm các đề thi khác tại đây : tìm kiếm đề thi Tiếng Anh 11
PHRASAL VERBS - UNIT 12
I. Complete these sentences using the six verbs from the list below. Use each verb only once.
get round - go through - mistake for - be off - take in - give in
1. Howard doesn`t want to drive us to the station, but I know I can......him.
2. I......her......her sister because they`re so much alike.
3. This meat smells awful; I think it......
4. I`d like you to......these accounts and see if you can find any mistakes.
5. Harry was......by the salesman`s lies.
6. The industrial dispute lasted for many months because neither side would......
II. Complete the sentences using the verbs in brackets.
1. (give in) Keep fighting, ......
2. (take in) Terry`s promises......
3. (get round) Stop trying to persuade me......
4. (be off) This chicken smells bad......
5. (go through) Your homework is full of mistakes,......
6. (mistake for) Colin was very drunk and he......
III. Replace the words in italics by the words in brackets. Change the word order if necessary.
e.g. The salesman took Fred in with his lies. (him)
=> The salesman took him in with his lies.
1. Jake got round his wife. (her)
2. The trick took them in. (the tourists)
3. The police went through their records. (them)
4. I mistook that man for my father. (him)
IV. Complete the passage using go through/be off/take in.
The fish I had in that restaurant......I was......by the notice on the door which read, `Fresh fish daily`. Before I go out to eat again, I will......my restaurant guide book very carefully first!
V. Complete the passage using give in/get round/mistake for.
Steve......Alma`s kindness......love; he kept asking her to be his wife, but she refused to......and marry him. However hard he tried, he couldn`t......her.
VI. Use the verbs in brackets to reply to the following.
e.g.Why are you throwing that pie away? (be off)
=> Because it`s off.
1. Why did you give him all your money? (take in)
2. Why did you say hello to that stranger? (mistake for)
3. Roy refuses to lend us the money. (get round)
4. Do you think we should continue our struggle? (give in)
5. Why don`t you buy meat from that butcher? (be off)
6. What are you going to do with those files? (go through)
1. get round
2. mistake/mistook (her) for
3. is off
4. go through
5. taken in
6. give in
1. don`t give in (etc.)
2. always take people in (etc.)
3. you`ll never manage to get round me (etc.)
4. it must be off (etc.)
5. go through it again (and correct it) (etc.)
6. mistook the policewoman for his wife (etc.)
1. got round her
2. took the tourists in/took in the tourists
3. went through them
4. mistook him for my father
IV. was off, taken in, go through
V. mistook (Alma`s kindness) for, give in, get round (her)
1. Because I was taken in by his story (etc.)
2. I mistook him for my friend (etc.)
3. I know, we`ll never get round him (etc.)
4. No, we should give in (etc.)
5. Because his meat`s always off (etc.)
6. I`m going to go through them this evening (etc.)
- get round: thuyết phục; làm mềm lòng (= use charm to persuade sb. to allow you to do sth.)
- go through: rà soát lại kỹ (= examine)
- mistake for: nhầm (với người khác, vật khác…) (= confuse sb. or sth. for another)
- be off : [thực phẩm] bị trở mùi; bốc mùi (= no longer fresh)
- take in: lừa được (= deceive)
- give in: chấp nhận thua cuộc, bỏ cuộc (= admit defeat)
She’s trying to get him round
He’s given in