Cũng như các giáo án bài giảng khác được thành viên chia sẽ hoặc do tìm kiếm lại và giới thiệu lại cho các bạn với mục đích nghiên cứu , chúng tôi không thu phí từ bạn đọc ,nếu phát hiện nội dung phi phạm bản quyền hoặc vi phạm pháp luật xin thông báo cho chúng tôi,Ngoài giáo án bài giảng này, bạn có thể download bài giảng miễn phí phục vụ nghiên cứu
Một số tài liệu tải về lỗi font chữ không xem được, thì do máy tính bạn không hỗ trợ font củ, bạn tải các font .vntime củ về cài sẽ xem được.
Bạn có thể Tải về miễn phí đề thi này , hoặc tìm kiếm các đề thi khác tại đây : tìm kiếm đề thi Tiếng Anh 11
PHRASAL VERBS - UNIT 1
I. Complete these sentences using the verbs in the list below. Use each verb only once.
find out - look for - look up - look over - look round - look into
1. This gentleman thinks the service in our hotel is terrible. We must.......his complaint
2. Where is the cat? I`ve been.......it all day.
3. We can.......where he lives by looking at the map.
4. I want to know the time of the London train so I’ll.......it....... in the timetable.
5. I`d like a few days to .......the report before I make a decision.
6. When we were in London we spent a few hours.......the British Museum.
II. Complete these sentences with verbs from this unit. Each sentence has more than one possible answer. Give all possible answers.
1. Pass me the address book and I`ll.......the number of his house.
2. Let’s .......the house once more before we decide to buy it.
III. Replace the words in italics by the words in brackets. Change the word order if necessary.
e.g. Bill found it out. (the number) => Bill found out the number.
1. Jane looked up the date. (it)
2. We looked for the dog. (it)
3. I’d like to look it over. (the report)
4. Let`s look round it. (the city)
5. We found out the truth. (it)
6. We are looking into it. (the situation)
IV. Complete the passage using find out/look into/look for.
The police are.......yesterday’s bank robbery. They are trying to.....how the robbers managed to open the safe. At the moment detectives are.......four men who escaped in a black getaway car.
V. Complete the passage using look up/look over/look round.
The other day I was.......an antique shop when I found an old encyclopedia. I .......it.......and decided to buy it. When I got home I opened it and.......the capital of China.
VI. Use the verbs in brackets to reply to the following.
e.g. I don`t know how to spell that word. (look up)
=> Why don`t you look it up in your dictionary.
1. The salesmen in your store are very rude.
What are you going to do about my complaint? (look into)
2. How can I get John`s telephone number? (look up)
3. What are you doing under the table? (look for)
4. Will you sign this document now? (look over)
5. What did you do in town today? (look round)
6. Do you know who that man is? (find out)
1. look into 4. look (it) up
2. looking for 5. look over
3. find out 6. looking round
1. look up/for 2. look round/look over
1. looked it up 4 look round the city
2. looked for it 5. found it out
3. look over the report 6. looking into the situation
IV. looking into, find out, looking for
V. looking round, looked (it) over, looked up
1. We`ll look into it (etc.).
2. Why don’t you look it up (in the telephone directory) (etc.)?
3. I`m looking for my pen (etc.).
4. I`ll just look it over first (etc.).
5. I looked round the shops (etc.).
6. No, but I`ll find out (who he is) (etc.).