Đề thi vào lớp 10 (1)Trương Văn ÁnhĐại học Sài GònI. Choose the word that best completes each of these sentences: (2.5ms) 1. When you are in the army, you _________ obey the officers. A. will B. will have to C. have had to D. may2. She________ wash her hair last night because she `s going to the opera. A. did B. has to C. had to D. did have to3. The boy is not ________ to drive a car by himself. A. old B. enough old C. old enough D. too old4. The old lady is _________ to carry the case. A. very
Đề thi vào lớp 10 (1) Trương Văn Ánh Đại học Sài Gòn I. Choose the word that best completes each of these sentences: (2.5ms) 1. When you are in the army, you _________ obey the officers. A. will B. will have to C. have had to D. may 2. She________ wash her hair last night because she `s going to the opera. A. did B. has to C. had to D. did have to 3. The boy is not ________ to drive a car by himself. A. old B. enough old C. old enough D. too old 4. The old lady is _________ to carry the case. A. very weak B. weak enough C. too weak D. not weak
5. It is easy enough for the students _________ the test. A. do B. to do C. did D. doing 6. Jack is short. The shelf is ______ high for him to reach the books. A. very B. so C. too D. enough 7. The machine didn`t work. The computer didn`t, ______ . A. too B. neither C. so D. either 8. There are too _____ ducks in the yard, so Jimmy can not count. A. many B. much C. any D. some
9. The vegetables don `t taste fresh _______ the customers. A. with B. for C. to D. about 10. They look at the cat carefully. It looks________ . A. funny B. fun C. funnily D. funnier II. Each sentence has a mistake. Identify it by choosing A, B, C, or D: (0.5 m) If today is Sunday, we would have a lot of fun at the A B C D camping. 2. She apologized for being many rude to me. A B C D
III. Use the correct form of the word given to complete each sentence: (1m) 1. It was the biggest _________ (erupt) of Vesuvius for some years. 2. I hope you will join in the Christmas _________ (celebrate). 3. The air in the city is very _________ (pollute).
4. The accident happened because of _________ (care) driving. 5. He is going to _________ (collection) all the bags. 6. She has _________ (kind) provided a picnic lunch for us.
IV: Reading: (3.5ms) A. Gap-filling: About twenty percent of the world’s present energy comes from the sun in one form or another. Special devices have already been made available to (1)………..on the roofs of the houses and flats to (2) ……….the sun’s rays and thus heat water. Thousands (3) ………….these devices are now being used to provide (4)…………..in homes throughout the United States while more (5)…………….a million solar water-heating units have already been (6)…………in homes in Japan. Other purposes for which (7)……………energy is, at present, being used include the (8)………..of salt from sea water, irrigation and sewage disposal.
(9) ………………most people in developing countries, the need is not for air-conditioners of central heating but for cheap (10)………of cooking food, drying crops, and lighting houses. 1. A. put B. locate C. fit D. fix 2. A. greet B. catch C. contain D. manufacture 3. A. in B. with C. on D. of
4. A. light B. energy C. life D. existence 5. A. than B. of C. through D. over 6. A. built B. planned C. standing D. attached 7. A. sun B. sky C. space D. solar 8. A. passing B. separation C. divorce D. delivery 9. A. Through B. By C. For D. At 10. A. manners B. ways C. models D. types
B. True-false: Canada is the world`s second largest country. Its population is not very large, however. About 25 million people live in Canada - less than half the population of Britain or France and only one thirtieth of the population of India. Canada is in North America and its capital is Ottawa. It is a rich country with a lot of natural resources. In southern Canada, the land is very good for farming and Canada is among the countries that export a lot of wheat in the world. In the north there are magnificent forests.
In the west there are some very high mountains called the Rockies. Canada also has many minerals such as petroleum, gas, copper and zinc. Canada was first settled by French pioneers. In the eighteenth century there were wars between Britain and French, and Canada came under British rule. Since 1931 Canada has been an independent member of the British Commonwealth. English and French are both official languages in Canada.
1. The population of Canada is as large as that of Britain. 2. Canada is a country which is rich in natural resources. 3. Canada is one of the world`s leading exporters of wheat. 4. Two official languages are spoken in Canada.
C. Reading comprehension: Christmas is the biggest festival of the year in most Western countries. Celebrations start properly on December 24, Christmas Eve, although there have been several weeks of preparation before hand. The Christmas tree and all the presents, food, drinks, and decorations have been bought, Christmas cards have already sent to friends and relatives. About a week before Christmas, people usually put up their decorations and decorate the Christmas tree with electronic lights, various colored decorations and angel on the top. Family presents are usually put under the Christmas tree.
Christmas Day, December 25, is the biggest day of the holiday. On the Christmas morning (often very early), children open the presents that are in their socks. Many families go to church. The traditional Christmas dinner consists of roast turkey with potatoes and various other vegetables. 1. When do people usually decorate the Christmas tree? Several weeks before Christmas. B. About a week before Christmas. C. On December 24. D. On December 25.
2. Which of the following is the traditional Christmas dinner? A. Roast turkey with potatoes and bread. B. Roast beef with potatoes and other various vegetables. C. Roast turkey with tomatoes and other various vegetables. D. Roast turkey with potatoes and other various vegetables.
V. Write complete sentences, using the given words: (1m) 1. A worker/ as hard/ factory/ a farmer/ field. 2. He/ hurt/ while/ repairing/ car.
VI. Rewrite these sentences, beginning with the given words. (2ms) 1. To learn English is not very difficult. It is _____________________________ 2. We can not go out because it rains. If it _____________________________ 3. She does not finish her work on time. Her mother wishes ________________ 4. The scientist did the test in an hour. It _____________________________
Website chạy thử nghiệm. Thư viện tài liệu miễn phí mục đích hỗ trợ học tập nghiên cứu , được thu thập từ các nguồn trên mạng internet ... nếu tài liệu nào vi phạm bản quyền, vi phạm pháp luật sẽ được gỡ bỏ theo yêu cầu, xin cảm ơn độc giả