Đề thi vào lớp 10 (5)Trương Văn ÁnhĐại học Sài GònI. Choose the word that best completes each of these sentences: (2.5ms) 1. Catherine will have the car _______ green. A. paint B. to paint C. painting D. painted2. He asked me where I ________ before. A. am B. was C. had been D. will be3. Brutus Cray said that he ________ England. A. likes B. like C. liked D. would like4. The reporters asked him to comment ______ the international situation. A. on B. at C. in D. for5. The food will __________ to
Đề thi vào lớp 10 (5) Trương Văn Ánh Đại học Sài Gòn I. Choose the word that best completes each of these sentences: (2.5ms) 1. Catherine will have the car _______ green. A. paint B. to paint C. painting D. painted 2. He asked me where I ________ before. A. am B. was C. had been D. will be 3. Brutus Cray said that he ________ England. A. likes B. like C. liked D. would like
4. The reporters asked him to comment ______ the international situation. A. on B. at C. in D. for 5. The food will __________ to the area immediately. A. send B. sent C. be sent D. be send 6. If he had a lot of money, he ________ a long holiday. A. takes B. took C. will take D. would take
7. If a student ________ hard, he may get good marks. A. studies B. studied C. had studied D. has studied 8. The government will spend more money ______ teachers. A. on B. at C. in D. for 9. Before the contest, all the candidates _________ very hard. A. trained B. had trained C. were training D. would train 10. The committee is considering ______ a bill. A. pass B. to pass C. passing D. passed
II. Each sentence has a mistake. Identify it by choosing A, B, C, or D: (0.5 m) 1. They are going to held a flower festival in A B C D Dalat. 2. Vietnam people love reading newspapers and A B C magazines. D
III. Use the correct form of the word given to complete each sentence: (1m) 1. To many people, UFOs only exist in films for _________ (entertain). 2. He will _________ die if you don’t call a doctor. (certain) 3. I don’t know who sent me this _________ (mystery) letter. 4. Viet Nam is rich in _________ (nature) resources. 5. She is not _________ (satisfy) with her present job, so she leaves. 6. She is _________ (bore) with doing the same work day after day.
IV: Reading: (3.5ms) A. Gap-filling: Read the reading below carefully, and then complete it with the best option A, B, C or D given below: RIVERS Rivers are one of the world’s most important natural (1)………. . Many cities are on large rivers, and almost every country has at least one river that (2)………..an important part in the lives of its people.
Bedsides transportation, rivers (3)…….……food, water for crops, water to drink, and opportunities for recreation for people who live along their (4)…………. . And (5)………..get water for crops, engineers sometimes build a dam across a river and let the water become a late behind the dam. Then people can use their water not only to irrigate fields (6)………to make electricity for homes and industries.
1. A. goods B. resources C. processions D. materials 2. A. comes B. makes C. plays D. does 3. A. provide B. give C. send D. get 4. A. sides B. bodies C. wings D. banks 5. A. so as B. in order to C. so that D. in order that 6. A. and B. but as well C. but also D. as well as
B. True-false: Read the following passage carefully, and then decide if the following statements are True (T) or False (F). HOW DO HEARING-IMPAIRED PEOPLE TALK? Hearing-impaired people cannot hear sounds. How do they "hear" words and talk? Hearing-impaired people use American Sign Language (ASL). They talk with their hands. Sometimes two hearing-impaired people talk to each other. They both use ASL. Sometimes a person who can hear interprets for hearing-impaired people. The person listens to someone talking, and then he or she makes hand signs.
There are two kinds of sign language. One kind has a sign for every letter in the alphabet. The person spells every word. This is finger spelling. The other kind has a sign for every word. There are about 5,000 of these signs. There are signs of verbs, things and ideas.
1. Deaf people cannot hear sounds. 2. A person who interprets for deaf people cannot hear. 3. There are more signs for words than for letters. 4. Finger spelling has signs for numbers.
C. Reading comprehension: Read the passage below and choose one correct answer for each question. Keeping our teeth healthy How can we keep our teeth healthy? First, we ought to visit our dentist twice a year. He can fill the small holes in our teeth before they destroy the teeth. He can examine our teeth to check that they are growing in the right way. Unfortunately, many people wait until they have toothache before they see a dentist.
Secondly, we should brush our teeth with a toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste at least twice a day once after breakfast and once before we go to bed. We can also use wooden toothpicks to clean between our teeth after a meal. Thirdly, we should eat food that is good for or teeth and our body: milk, cheese, fish, brown bread, potatoes, red rice, raw vegetables and fresh fruit. Chocolate, sweets, biscuits and cakes are bad, especially when we eat them between meals. They are harmful because they stick to our teeth and cause decay.
1. A lot people visit a dentist only when ………………….. their teeth grow properly B. they have holes in their teeth C. they have toothache D. they have brushed their teeth 2. Sweets are harmful because they make our teeth ………………… A. black B. ache C. bad D. cracked
V. Write complete sentences, using the given words: (0.5m) 1. It/ so nice/ see/ her/ last week. 2. When/ Columbus/ discover/ America?
VI. Rewrite these sentences, beginning with the given words. (2ms) 1. The police last saw the suspect ten days ago. The police ________________________ 2. The director said to the secretary," Don `t use the office phone wastefully". The director ____________________ 3. After he had left his hometown, he felt very lonely. Having _______________________ 4. He is more tired. He drinks a lot. The more______________________
Website chạy thử nghiệm. Thư viện tài liệu miễn phí mục đích hỗ trợ học tập nghiên cứu , được thu thập từ các nguồn trên mạng internet ... nếu tài liệu nào vi phạm bản quyền, vi phạm pháp luật sẽ được gỡ bỏ theo yêu cầu, xin cảm ơn độc giả